Wednesday, February 3, 2010

No sleep for me...

...and I don't even care. I am a pretty active person, but I admit that I enjoy sleep more than the typical person. 8-9 hours a night during the week, if possible, and 12 on the weekends, if possible. This may seem excessive, but some people just require more sleep than others. It runs in the family. As I continue my excessive preparation, I realize that there is no possible way that I can fit everything that I want to do into the time I'm in Vancouver. I'm trying to not plan everything, but I don't want to leave anything out. I refuse to let sleep get in my way. This is not a relaxing vacation on the beach. I am going to try to take advantage of every minute. I know how very fortunate I am to get this opportunity that most people don't have.

The Olympic and Vancouver websites show a city that has transformed itself since August when I was there. There were a lot of Olympic symbols around the city and construction underway. Now, the city is splashed with the Olympic spirit - symbols, displays of country pride, and signs represnting athletes from around the world. It's really hitting me that this is a true celebration of diversity, competition, and unity.

Please feel free to comment or ask questions. Also, pass this along to anyone who you think might be interested in reading about my adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment