Saturday, January 30, 2010

More to look forward to...

More planning. It's becoming more real as the days grow fewer. I have now added curling to the events I'll be attending. It seems like such a Canadian thing to do. Believe it or not, there's a curling centre just one town over from where I work. Three people told me this yesterday, although I already knew. I'm sitting in what I would called the endzone - the spot behind the the big bullseye. I'm sure it has a name, and I'm sure I'll let you know what that is when I find out.

Maybe I should tell you a little more about myself, for those that don't know me. I've lived in Philadelphia my entire life, including college at the University of Pennsyvlania. Go Quakers! After graduating, I began covering sports for a newspaper. After three years, I went back to school to get my MBA and then began working in the financial industry. Despite my new career, I continued to be a freelance writer, covering minor leagues sports in Philadelphia, including the Philadelphia Phantoms (AHL), Philadelphia KiXX (MISL), and Philadelphia Wings (NLL). I am still a freelance writer and also do statistics on game nights in the tv booth for NHL hockey and occasionally other sports. Hockey is the main love of my life, besides my puppy german shepherd.

2 comments:

  1. any hat pictures to show your patriotism?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In fact I do. I'll make sure to post later today.

    ReplyDelete