Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Ski Cross out, more fun in

The weather has played havoc on the Olympic events. If you've been watching, you know that many events have been postponed. Today I found out that my tickets would no longer be accepted for the freestyle skiing event I was going to see at Cypress Mountain. The general admission area is too slushy and dangerous for fans. While I'm pretty disappointed that I'll be missing an event, this will actually give me one full day without any official events. I've been stressing about how I was going to do all the cool things I've been seeing online and on tv. I know I can't do everything, but this will give me a chance to do a little bit more. I'd like to visit some of the country pavillions that are strewn throughout the city. Of course I need to do some shopping and would absolutely love to rent a bike and ride on the seawall around Stanley Park (as in Lord Stanley and the Stanley Cup.)

A recap of my past weekend: Sports usually occupy most of my time, but I added some other fun over the long weekend. Friday night started with a night at work as the Flyers played Montreal. I worked for the Canadians' broadcast, in French. Saturday was my last chance to prepare for my trip - this included some last minute shopping and the nail salon. On Sunday I started the day with an indoor triathlon at 7 a.m. Later, I headed to New York City. I went shopping and visited with my cousins. I tried to gather some USA memorabilia to bring to Vancouver so I can trade with fans from other countries. I have some pretty special things, which I'll photograph on my trip. Monday was dedicated to dogs at the Westminster Dog Show. Go german shepherds and dachshunds! It is amazing to see such well-behaved dogs.

So, that's it for now. Three more days until my voyage. Again, please let me know if you have any questions or any requests for photos from Vancouver.

1 comment: