Wednesday, February 24, 2010

The view from my window

The Olympic world sits beyond my window, showcasing everything the city has to offer. The fireworks are erupting above the buildings in Robson Square. More fireworks from the waterfront are reflecting off the apartment building windows across the way. I can see the long line to get into the party at Ireland House. The live music is blaring, easily heard from the 20th floor condo. I don't need a television to know when Canada scores a goal or wins another medal. The excitement is in the air. And the Olympic rings on the waterfront turn to gold. Neon signs call out for the fans to enter for more nightlife. The majority of people walking by have flags draped on their backs like superhero capes. Even more amazing, I can see the same hockey game on each tv in the apartment building across the way. It is Canada's sport.

No comments:

Post a Comment